Agnostic.com

3 0

What kinds of foods do you eat (diet)?

How important is healthy eating to you, and what kinds of foods do you eat?

GoodMan 7 Sep 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Very. I hope to live long and well. I recently found out that I REALLY need to reduce carbs to improve my cholesterol panel (esp Triglycerides). So, I have largely dropped low value starches (did not eat much simple sugar, anyway) like bread, pasta, and potatoes. That leaves lean meats (incl fish) and veggies.

Zster Level 8 Oct 7, 2017

Hi protein, high (real) fat, low carb diet. I think "paleo" is a religion to some people in itself, but do try to avoid bread, pasta, and potatoes. I really don't like a lot of vegetables, but know I should eat more of them. I'm as far from vegetarian/vegan and a person can really get. (My cholesterol and triglycerides have always been good)

I’m on the DASH diet, and I eat lots of friuits, vegetables, and not much unnatural sugars. I stay away from sodas, processed foods, and junk food. I

I ate really poorly for too many years, every night after work I would run to a local fast food. I wouldn't eat until 4pm and I still managed to stuff down 3500 to 4000 calories every day. I ballooned to 280 lbs and my doctor said you're going to die or worse have a stroke. He used an app on his computer inputting my blood pressure, weight, age, and activity levels and it said I had a 68% chance of a heart attack in the next 10 years. That scared the crap out of me. I'm eating healthier food (Mediterranian diet) starting with breakfast and working out 4 days a week. I lose a pound a week and I still have a bit more to go but I'm down to 220. Another 50 lbs and I'll reach my goal. I'm enjoying being more healthy and I plan on living another 20 years.

Great! I enjoy true stories of overcoming adversity. ????????

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:296
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.