Agnostic.com

25 3

Which dance would you consider the most complicated?

EmeraldJewel 7 Feb 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The dance Republicans are doing to avoid gun regulation.

Snork

That is not a complicated dance.

I’m absolutely in love with ballet. The dance style and some classical music takes me away every time. Here is a few pictures of me en pointe.

It took me a while to do toe points correctly. We usually do some ballet as a warm-up.

@AustinSkepticus I love it. It’s good exercise, too.

@AustinSkepticus Now I'm envious, I'll never get up on pointe (started WAY too late and weigh 100kg+).

Impressive!

Good for you. A lot of beauty in Modern Dance.

The Tango of course..either that or the human mating dance..

Ukrainian Folk Dancing, I know from experience. Been doing it for seven years. Male dancers have to be balanced and strong enough to dance while in the squat. This dance in particular is done entirely in a squat. It is basically the original breakdancing for white guys lol. Georgian folk dancers are pretty hardcore too, they spin on their knees.

All of them. I have 2 left feet.

At my age, The Twist.

Any dances are above my pay grade in terms of skills. I cannot dance at all.

Sometimes I act like I can, but I'm pretty sure I look like one of those blow-up things they put in front of car dealers that collapse and spring up with arms perpetually flailing everywhere. Of course, it takes just enough firewater to get me there.

Depends on how many left feet you have, I have more than my fair share....

A really well danced Tango ... It's like watching a couple making love fully dressed.

Tango is equal to "mastery of coordination".....specially when danced INSIDE four tiles.

@DUCHESSA This is lovely . I don't know how to upload it , but it's worth taking a look on YouTube Marcela Duran and Carlos Gavito in honour of Henrico(?) Carriego .

@MarcIveson A tango couple? Trust me, I grew up listening to this music. No my cup of tea.

En pointe pas de deux, because this shit is painful.

That one that needs rhythm and dexterity.

Sex and life.

Any with two left feet and a walking stick

I like to watch Dancing with the Stars. My favorite is when they do a really good Argentine Tango with lots of those lower leg kicks...beautiful to watch.

Tango

Ice dancing. People think it's easy but it's not.

The bachata always impresses me. It's so sexy. A friend dances it at competitions. And her chosen dance partner is gay. But you wouldn't know it when they dance. I wouldn't consider it the most complicated because I wouldn't know, by the way. I just wanted to mention the bachata.

HAHA, all of them! I am good at a lot of stuff, but not dance or music.

Dance depends a lot of culture. What is simple and logic for a Latino it is ilogic for a russian. I just going to use a simple error I see in americans time and time and time again when looking at a latino dance salsa. american will think is a hip movement... they swing their hips. They see the hip moving... It takes hours to make them understand the hip do not move... the feet are the ones moving, the ribcage is the one moving while hips stay in place. They do everything backwards because it is perception. As a former BF of a Pro Dance Teacher, I had seen the same error and same lecture about it time and time again. Nobody here can tell you here what is more complicated because there are over 1000 dances on earth. Nobody has ever attempted to dance them all. Some are simple and look hard... some are hard and look simple. Some dances like QuickStep and Viennese Waltz are hard because requires the stamina to go all over the dance floor. New dances are invented every single day. If the music do not move your soul... why learn the dance? I don't do rap or whatever rap dance is and don't seems complicated or hard but the music do not move me. And I had even done the worm. Disco is harder than it seems and not everyone can do the robot. You want to see and feel moving parts of your body that never moved before? try Brazilian Batucada. And dances that required an internal clock and to carry a beat... if you don't have one... they turn into hell. And actually it is not about being complicated because a dance like salsa that uses no choreography and lead constantly creates new sequence may be terrible for someone that can learn and memorize a lot of complicated choreography but that has difficulty simply following the lead. It is in the dancer... can they lead? ...can they follow? ...it is a solo act where no interaction of a partner is needed? Do they understand the real meaning of the dance? Partnered dancing... it is a showcase of the woman follower... it is not for a man/leader to showoff... it is to create a frame for a lady to shine. Most guys dancing partnered dancing? Never learned that. And I am sorry to tell you all but partnered dancing; the Man Leads... the Lady Follows. And was invented by a Left handed Man.

Tango done properly

The polka- never learned it. I fall over.

Modern contemporary.

La Sylphide. Looks graceful but demands everything.

The Argentine Tango, for sure.

Dancing around an uncomfortable subject

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29710
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.