Agnostic.com

4 0

Believability

Why are theists assumed to be more honest and "moral" than agnostics and atheists?

BlueBlood1871 3 Feb 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

they are not so assumed by me! they are so assumed by each other, which kind of answers the question, doesn't it?

g

Maybe it’s because they know some low characters in their neighborhoods who are unchurched non-believers, and they make unwarranted associations. In other words, stereotyping.

Maybe if they got to know you better they’d be less judgmental. On the other hand...

Because they have a written set of rules that they can claim. We have to make logical decisions and not everyone understands that

Yes agree. The moral basis that becomes normative in a society has a religious origin. I can deny being religious, but I can't deny that my moral code has a theistic basis...as in
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

It has, is and probably always be that way.

They claim their beliefs are decreed by the Almighty Creator of the Universe. They ignore or dismiss any other basis of morality.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:297891
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.