Agnostic.com

3 3

Possible New Black Hole Model...
[livescience.com]

phxbillcee 10 Feb 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Infinite collapse to a theoretical point that will never be reached. Makes my head hurt.

Well, one thing I think they got wrong in the article: black holes are not infinitely tiny, they actually do have width, otherwise what's the difference between a black hole and a super massive black hole? (I initially dropped the L in that last question and almost choked when I read it back). OK, I guess the mass could vary in an infinite spot.

In any case, I see a lot of parallels to religion in this article: no one wants to think we would be merely crushed to near nothingness by the tremendous gravitational force of a black hole, there must be something afterwards to look forward to. Likewise, with religion, there must be something after death to look forward to...

So I guess that makes me a cosmic censorshipiest.

godef Level 7 Feb 27, 2018

Congrats! 🙂

Cool!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29819
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.