Agnostic.com

14 3

Women asking a man for a date.

Should women ask out men for a date openly? In Britain it's very rare.....

KenRock 3 Nov 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

From the question, it is obviously a cultural thing. Imagine how even less often this happens in more traditional countries. I openly advertise that I fully believe in the equality of the sexes and that I actually prefer an affirmative woman who is willing to say and go after what she wants. I experienced this and it was sooo nice to not have to wonder if I did or said something that was misjudged, my late partner gently told me. Having experienced this I can't imagine anything else. Unfortunately, I think there are as many women as men who are uncomfortable in this switch in their perceived roles.

Yes. If I find a girl attractive and she reaches out to me first, I love it. I suck at the first impression.

I've asked out any number of guys in my day, but I feel at this stage that I want to be pursued, just a little. I always say "I'm not chasing men anymore, I'm making them chase me, but it's not like I run fast!"

Clearly I agree that women should do the asking, sometimes, and the paying, sometimes. However, I've had relationships that my partner seemed less than invested in, and I keep thinking if I insist on being pursued I'll avoid THAT pitfall, at least. It's a theory. We'll see how it plays out.

That's the best way a guy can be certain that the lady wants to go out with him.

If they feel confident enough then absolutely. I'm personally very shy and wouldn't be able to bring myself to do it.

I always have

It's nice to see all the men say yes. I'll have to keep that in mind if the opportunity ever arises. I have to give the men credit for being the ones who usually put themselves out there and take that risk of being rejected. I don't know how you do it.

My wife asked me out, we were together more than 20 years.

I think more connections would be made if that were so. Men will wait for the right moment that could never come. When a woman sees or meets a man she likes she should ask him for a date because the man is probably too afraid to and never will.

SamL Level 7 Nov 6, 2017

Why not? I am for equal rights in all things.

Yes.

Allan Level 5 Nov 6, 2017

Why not? I know I'd be flattered if a woman asked me out.

I see no reason why a woman shoudl not ask men out on dates. Let;s face it a lot of men are just clueless and such obvious cues can be useful to them.

Sure ! Why not ?

I see no reason that women should not be willing to put themselves out there, and risk rejection, same as men have been doing forever !

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2987
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.