Agnostic.com

6 0

Got a meeting with CPA tomorrow to do my taxes. Have you done yours yet?

Every year since I went 100% self-employed, I've gotten a huge refund. I'm hearing from my friends though that this year the tax laws have been changed and they've owed money to the IRS. I'm poor as dirt (musicians don't make much) and can't afford to send them more money!

GuitarDoctor 7 Feb 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I use an online service called taxact online. I have used this for years and always get mine done early in order to beat the scammers.

Since I always pay it is important to submit them at 11:59 pm on the 14th.

I did mine as soon as I had most of my info. It's on hold right now. I owe the state more than I've ever owed them but it's not a huge amount. I owe the federal less this year than I have since I got divorced. My boss will make another deposit to my IRA between now and April so I'll wait and add that before I actually file it.

I have mine done next Monday by a tax professional who volunteers for our county's Action Program. The service is free for seniors and low income people.

As I'm older, I found a Seniors center who brought in people to do them free, but I only have 4 sources of income, nothing complex. Broke even in the Federal return and getting money back from my State return...

I DID MINE ELECTRONICALLY AT THE BEGINNING OF FEBRUARY AND I GOT THE REFUND 14 DAYS AGO. I did the IT at my local library (AARP); I received more than twice of what I got last year.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:299076
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.