Agnostic.com

3 0

Santa and God?

I was about 8 yrs old when I found out that Santa was fake. Around that time, I started questioning the concept of an omnipotent being. Does anyone have a similar story?

Jack_T 1 Mar 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My Mum said I never believed in FatherChristmas and I think my views on god were similar.

I don't remember my parents promoting Santa Claus at all..we all bought Christmas presents for each other and decorated the tree together.

My parents were American United Methodist missionaries in Haiti, where my engineer dad built a radio station for the mission, and whenever I was in the US, I used to feel amazed and confused about the fuss people made about "Santa."

No I couldn't make the connection. I was too concerned about figuring this religion thing out because I was prodded to believe. I took it seriously.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:300799
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.