Agnostic.com

4 2

LINK Inside the Chaotic Early Days of Trump’s Foreign Policy - POLITICO Magazine

From the article
Former top national security officials detail a climate of fear, incompetence and hostility to facts in a White House that wasn't ready to run the world.

In a particularly telling example, one former NSC staffer recalled informing a Trump political appointee that the administration should re-think a proposed executive order because it could undercut efforts to protect human rights. “I said, 'This could make the president look really bad,’” the former staffer told POLITICO. The political appointee replied: “The president doesn’t care about the things you care about, and the sooner that you know about it, the better.”

jerry99 8 Mar 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Many gop members of the senate and congress (pre 2018 midterms) caught on real fast and chose to ignore the threat to national security. The reasons of course involved who funded their getting into office, their desire to remain in office and how much they could personally gain. Some politicians never let chaos go to waste.
IMHO many of those gop members should be investigated as a threat to America.

It hasn't gotten any better.

I didn't know he had a foreign policy?

Another bizarre item from the article:

One Trump appointee, conservative commentator Sebastian Gorka, would show up at random meetings, even though it was never clear whether he had the proper security clearance, and he would often raise unrelated points. One former White House official recalled Gorka saying such things as, “‘If you look at what Napoleon did ...’ and we’d all be like, ‘I don’t even know how to respond to that.’” (Asked for comment, Gorka told a POLITICO reporter, “Take a long run off a short pier, you utter hack.&rdquo😉

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:301681
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.