Agnostic.com

9 10

A list that I can really get behind. What do you all think?

Nebroxah 6 Feb 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I just have one.

"Enjoy life to the max, but try not to piss anyone off whilst doing so."

Pretty good.
I might alter #7 to read #treat others as they wish to be treated and Do no harm"

Great list! I'm good with all of that.

I'd suggest reading the Upanishads. In fact, just 3 generally presented at the beginning of most interpretations: Isha, Katha, Brihadaranyaka. If the word "Lord" troubles you then just consider it to be a personification of the ethereal matter throughout the universe. Consciousness embodying the space between us. Anyway you'll find that those 3 contain the entirety of your list. You could also refer to T.S. Eliot's "The Wasteland" to find the manner in which you'd meet the items on that list ... damyata datta dayadhvam. namaste my friend.

That does look like a good list

Sounds almost like Buddhism. Here are some quotes from the current Dalai Lama.

“The true hero is one who conquers his own anger and hatred.”

“Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.”

“If scientific analysis were conclusively to demonstrate certain claims in Buddhism to be false, then we must accept the findings of science and abandon those claims.”

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery", you go ahead... I will pass on your offer.

I can do that..

Actually? Pretty decent.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30246
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.