Agnostic.com

13 10

So I'm watching the news this morning regarding the Texas church massacre and the fella that killed the shooter is going on and on about how his god and lord protected him. All I am thinking is where was his god and lord during the killing of 28 people? These people are just not rational. i just don't get it.

Specman 6 Nov 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The religious nuts live in their own little dream world and don’t really have any common sense when it’s comes to religion but most of them are better people than the left wing liberals idiots on this website!

These people live in their own little world without logic or common sense

Religion and guns. America would be better without both.

So your one of those who thinks the government should have all the guns? If you studied your history you’d realize that governments have killed far more people than private citizens!

About what you could expect from someone religious.

never confuse the issue with logic

Amen & Amen I say unto YOU

Hurricane comes, kills a bunch of people. People who survive say "God saved us." Yeah? Well who sent the bloody hurricane then, if that's what you believe?!

And why didn't "He" save the other people? Especially the babies?

I've often thought that saying "God saved me and/or my family from [a tragedy]." is so self centered and thoughtless. You never know if the person they are saying that to lost their loved ones. I can imagine it would give those people a feeling of "Why are they so damn special?"

I saw a story a few years back about some lady who let god take the wheel and then proceeded to run over a man and his motorcycle who was thankful that god spared his life.

I couldn't find the article I read, but this is the story...

[dailymail.co.uk]

We had something similar happen near where I live. A guy killed 7 people, kidnapped and kept a girl chained up like a dog, raped her every day, but when they found her it was all about answered prayers and god helped them find her. Not the great detective work by the trained police officers, or science that helped them ping her cellphone. I just watched shaking my head and wondering why they don’t hear how stupid they sound. Where was their god when the guy was doing all of this? Absolutely infuriating!

You aren’t alone!

GOD hates stupid poples!

It would appear that his particular god didn't value those other folks as much ...maybe they didn't pray right, or something ?

Such odd reasoning. It's often difficult to understand how anyone can believe in such stuff for real.

Yes, thank you serial killer for murdering the people next door and leaving us alone. Hmmm, could they be a bit irrational, selfish, and lacking empathy for others?

I thought the death toll was 36...

Anyway, religious persons are a bit narcissistic in that they tend to view themselves as being "special" or "chosen". In short they get to feel better about themselves with no real work or effort, but just because they believe. It's very seductive for those who intellectually lazy.

You don't get it because you are not irrational in this sense. They don't seem to understand that their fortune is brought about by great pain and this God has, apparently, decided that a horror is the best way to show favor upon someone else. This inability to understand that oddity may explain how they accept the cruci-fiction story. In that, God uses murder/suicide as the means of our salvation from an offense only to that same God. Wouldn't a simple "I forgive you" have been enough?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3049
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.