Agnostic.com

5 2

Question for the MAGA folks...

Can anyone that supports the "Make America Great Again" "movement" please define the exact year(s) when America was great?

The answers should prove to be as revealing as Rorschach cards interpretations. Let the fun begin.

OldHippieAtHeart 6 Mar 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

MAGA is all about looking backwards - hence the 'Again'. How about looking forwards if you want to make America greater?

How about instead of the year, just say the things we've done. Wouldn't that be more meaningful? We can start with when we defeated the British for our independence (1783 in case you were wondering), created our Constitution and Bill of Rights, defeated Hitler, the car, airplane, NASA, when ever there's a disaster somewhere we're usually the first (sometimes the only) country to send help, huge leaps in technology, medical advancements, industrial advancements, electricity, internet, conservation, baseball, Rock and Roll, Carolina BBQ ?, etc, etc.. Seriously though, why all the hate?

WW2 started in 1939. the US entered into the war in 1941. russia made the biggest contribution in defeating the germans:

[en.wikipedia.org]

The Battle of Stalingrad (23 August 1942 – 2 February 1943)[17][18][19][20] was the largest confrontation of World War II, in which Germany and its allies fought the Soviet Union for control of the city of Stalingrad (now Volgograd) in Southern Russia.
Marked by fierce close quarters combat and direct assaults on civilians in air raids, it was the largest (nearly 2.2 million personnel) and bloodiest (1.8–2 million killed, wounded or captured) battle in the history of warfare.[21] After their defeat at Stalingrad, the German High Command had to withdraw vast military forces from the Western Front to replace their losses.[1]

@callmedubious I sit corrected. ? I should have said 'we helped defeat Hitler'. Good catch.

@SwampBatman Everyone knows "America was never great" is a favorite chant one hears Trump haters yelling, so asking for when just rings of that sort of mordancy. The whole post just oozes with virulent sarcasm. I guess I could be wrong. If so, my apologies.

America was great until we had 8 years of Duhbama

gater Level 7 Mar 6, 2019

I agree.

I guess it's a myth that doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

I’m not MAGA, so I already know the answer. They are thinking Father Knows Best down to around 1600. ?
America is great now for rich folks. Not so much for the rest of us, but I love my country. There’s lots of great THINGS in it, and about it.

@SwampBatman Too true.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:304972
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.