Agnostic.com

11 1

On the topic of door-knockers, it should be said that, of the two most aggressive sects (viz., Witnesses and Mormons), both possess procedures that, should one utilize them, will, at least, slow the pace of visits. Jehovah's Witnesses maintain a local "Do Not Call" List; it is possible to insist to be put on it. Similarly, insisting, to LDS elders, that you will complain of harassment to their local "Mission President", should be somewhat efficacious.

PatrickHermitage 5 Feb 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don’t understand why anyone would turn them away. I love talking to them about the “finer points” of their religions.

You forgot to mention the political and actavist door knockers. How do you feel about them?

One guy on another forum said he opened the door buck naked and invited them in; they never came back. Not sure I'd advise that technique but I give it props for originality.

Hit on them in the creepiest way possible. It's how I got rid of the Mormons.

Especially if they're guys, right?

@JimG most definitely the guys

I've found they are usually not happy with large barking dogs, and when they ask " can you put your dog away", I say " no", and they turn in the driveway and head towards their van! I've got such a good dog!

I always wanted to meet them at the door wearing a blood-stained sheet with a swastika on my forehead and a raw roast at the end of a butcher knife. "Great! You're just in time for service!". I'd probably only have to do it once.

Answering the door naked usually works for me. It's even more entertaining when I have friends over who want to join in on the fun.

My husband was an ex-Mormon. Took a few years to get the missioners to stop coming by, even when he told them he wasn't into that anymore.

Usually telling them I'm an atheist and that won't change because I don't believe in anything that can't be proved usually keeps even the Baptists away.

Are you saying I didn't really have to burn that pentagram into my front door?

JimG Level 8 Feb 28, 2018

why do that? I spend the time debating religion with them enjoyably. They usually don't return after that. They are just trying to save people's "souls". No reason to spite them.

I like making them try to talk their way out of the first Nicean council after Constantine defeated the romans ... or getting them to explain the existence of Solomon's powers referenced in Corinthians without the Testament of Solomon included in their Bible. They all hate it when you bring up the apocrypha and the nicean codes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30509
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.