Agnostic.com

2 5

Having trouble reconciling the ignorance of the right?

Me too. And I've been trying to find some explanation that made sense to me as to why I shouldn't despise them.

And along those lines this has been rather transformative to me. Dr, Haidt's moral view on social psychology is an amazing perspective that makes understanding the conservative mindset so much easier and helps me accept them even if I don't agree. This first video is simply awesome. after that I'd view a few more of his on youtube

JeffMesser 8 Mar 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Great talk, thank you for posting it.

I will watch because I am having the same trouble. Family and friends voted for trump and it boggles my mind!!!! ????

trust me man you're not alone.

please tell me if this helps because I really got a lot out of it and by reading up and watching up further on haidt.

@JeffMesser it does help me to understand conservative thinking so I am ok with that. But it still doesn’t help me account for trump. I’ve pretty much always been liberal, left, progressive and not a fan of politicians on the right but I’ve never been anti-republican /anti-trump till now. I would have preferred and wanted any of the other dozen plus candidates from the right other than trump.

@Kodiamus understood completely man. he's a cancer.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:305846
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.