Agnostic.com

3 0

Do you guys ever check news from other coutries?

South Korea was shaken by a major conspiracy in 2016, Venezuela is still degrading into chaos, the breakdown on FIFA is not over... and in light of what I have seen in international news, it seems that information gets awfully distorted by partisan noise. So I am wondering about my home country, Brazil. What have you heard about former president Lula lately, if anything? He is about to be arrested and folks like Glenn Greenwald seem to denounce it as injustice. Is that all that is being fed abroad in this matter?

hlfsousa 6 Mar 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like to check out what's happening in Canada, the UK, and Germany. I'm watching with some interest what’s going on in Italy and Spain right now. I look at the bigger stories in Russia, and occasionally a story from south or central America makes its way, but I’m careful with news. Fear sells. If it bleeds it leads. So while I want to know what’s going on in the world around me, I also don’t want to assume that those are the only things taking place, or that there aren’t good people doing good things also in the mix.

Only AUS and US news for me, I'm sorry to say. I keep an eye for any big events in other countries (e.g. drought in South Africa). I've not seen any "big" news from Brazil.

I just checked Google News now - without my sign-in, so that it's not filtered to what Google knows of me. And Google's headline news from Brazil is ...

Neymar's foot injury is going to rule him out of football for 3 months

I don't check my own

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30752
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.