Agnostic.com

6 4

Vegetable Frittata

Just made a delicious vegetable frittata.

5 large eggs
About ½ pound thin-skinned potatoes, scrubbed and diced
½ pound mushrooms, rinsed and thinly sliced
2 teaspoons salad oil
3 to 4 green onions, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
2 cloves garlic, diced
12 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
Chopped spinach or lightly cooked asparagus
1 teaspoon dried Italian parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup cheddar cheese, grated
½ cup water

In a 10 to 12-inch frying pan with an ovenproof handle, heat pan and add oil.

1. Sauté garlic and onions on low heat until soft, about 10 minutes. Set aside.

2. Combine potatoes and mushrooms. Sauté on medium-low heat, turning frequently, until mushrooms begin to cook, about 3-4 minutes. Add ½ cup water. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, until potatoes are soft when pierced. Uncover and let liquid boil away.

3. Beat eggs, spinach, grated cheese, green onions, dried Italian parsley, salt and pepper to blend. Pour over cooked vegetables. Sprinkle garlic, onions and tomatoes evenly over eggs. Gently mix into egg mixture.

4. Grate more cheddar cheese on top, if you wish. Cook on low heat, until eggs begin to set at pan rim, about 4 minutes.

5. Broil 6 inches from heat until frittata feels set when lightly touched. Cut into 8 wedges. Serve hot or at room temperature. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Makes 4 servings.

Per serving: 392 calories; 22-gram protein; 21-gram fat (7.7 saturated); 29-gram carbohydrate; 259 mg sodium, 445 mg. cholesterol.

LiterateHiker 9 Mar 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Looks so yummy!

Right up my alley. Yum ??

Ok I have warned you in the past about these posts, that looks so great that I will be driving to your place just as soon as I can get the wheels on the car, oh yes, I have to put the motor back in. It may be some time but expect me. (Food looks great but I would not show up uninvited, also I do not think Kate would approve) but be for warned.

Man that looks good. Thanks for the recipe, I will try it.

I'm jealous. That looks and sounds terrific. ?

Looks and sounds great! Nutritious also which makes it even better.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:307960
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.