Agnostic.com

6 1

Why do you think you've never experienced love aka true love, lasting love, real love with a certain someone?

SamL 7 Mar 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fear.

A, I'm much too nice. Women like jerks.

B. Women aren't really wired to love anyone but themselves and maybe their offspring. When it comes to men they are just collecting resources. They're like cats. You might think they love you. But if you die and they go hungry for a day or two they will happily feast on your corpse.

MarqG Level 5 Mar 1, 2018

Eww. I think I know exactly why you're single.

LMAO.

You're on the right track about being too nice. I don't know about the second part, though.

@Blindbird [QUOTE] Eww. I think I know exactly why you're single.[/QUOTE]

I'm too honest right?

Plus I already have 2 cats and 3 ex wives.

I know what I'm talking about.

@MarqG if you actually think that that is the nature of women,why would you want one. Furthermore,you really don't see any issue with condemning half of the population as shallow and unfeeling based on the small sample of women you've known? That's further complicated both by your biases and apparently the type of woman you attract and are attracted to. Like calls to like Buddy.

@MarqG what you think of others isn't a reflection of them it's a reflection of yourself. Women are most definitely NOT as you describe them. I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that's who you are. The fact that you say you're "nice" while having that opinion of women makes zero sense.

Because I haven't met the right person yet

Because chaining them to my radiator is illegal.

I don't think it's in human nature. I see so many horror stories, and if they aren't horror stories they just don't work out. I would say the majority of relationships don't work out. The ones that do just seem to work out. People see a couple that has been together for 40 years and think, "success". No. I think most couples who are together that long are just comfortable with where they are. They don't necessarily have that "true love".

LOL what you've described initially is like "stone age" behavior. I think that was more about mating and reproducing than about love. The second part you're probably right about most relationships not really working out. For me that raises the original question of, was there really love involved?

@SamL Lol At first I think there is "true love" involved, but that's because most people put their best foot forward and try to impress and be who their partner likes the most. After time people fall back into being their true selves. So yeah it's "true love", but a lot of the time it's based on a type of illusion. I am what I am and I don't fake the funk for anyone. Maybe that's partially why I'm single lol

I'm sure you really are different than the rest but I think you're probably not trash as the picture suggests.

@SamL nah I can be pretty trashy.

Im guessing i must  be a bit of an  arsehole when they get to know

Think again. How many arseholes do you know or know of that have someone in love with them that everyone says, "He's an asshole and an asshole to her but she still loves him." I'm an asshole, too. LOL but not all the time. I think.

Don't lose heart. The man I fell hardest for was an asshole. Still love him though.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30847
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.