Agnostic.com

3 1

Does anyone know anything about Time Banks?

I have been commissioned to promote the local Time Bank in my community and I first have to understand how it works. I see it as a type of bartering system with community service time "deposited" into the "bank". It's more "prepper doomsday" and less "hey lets help each other out". How do I spin this?? If you can't tell, I don't buy into it but am being paid to promote it. So please HELP!!

helionoftroy 7 Mar 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was a member of something like this years ago. You offer work in your area of expertise and are credited with the hours or days worked then if you wanted a job done you could use the hours you collected. No money changed hands, I did things like gardening and tree surgery and mostly received baby sitting in return. It worked well.

I know something about Tyra Banks, but not Time Banks. Wish I could help, sorry.

Very interesting concept, but I am not into organizing. I can offer an hour of work to a bank and be called when I'm needed and then find someone to do an hour job for me, paying just with the hour I worked!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:308778
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.