Agnostic.com

8 6

"The more you run from the past, the harder it is to face the present."

bleurowz 8 Mar 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

All 'past' is with us right here and right now in the present. We forget that at our own peril. Explains a lot of our problems. We live in the United States of Amnesia.

Driving down the highway of life, having a glimpse in your rear view mirror at your past is ok...but don't stare because you may drive off into the ditch. You aren't going that way anyway.

I've found a lot of the reasons I am the way I am are from things in my past that have affected me. Finding those things and facing them makes it easier to change.

I don't know, I really like presents.

I heard this long ago and it has been imbued in my mind ever since. "Look Back but Don't Stare." I never ran but learned from what I was encountering. To this I learned a great lesson that if you fall down 5 times to get up 6. You grab the bull by the tail and face the situation. Case closed unless you have added in additives to invoke a positive conversation.

Nice enough challenge of character development

This rings true. My past informs my present. Took a while for me to understand it's importance to my identity. But everybody has a different past. I don't like to generalize.

Indeed.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30961
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.