Agnostic.com

5 2

Have you ever had a dream that you died in? Can you describe the dream, how you felt during the dream, and how you felt as the dream ended?

SamL 7 Nov 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thankfully, I've not had that sort of dream that I have any memory of.

I have to add that at least for me dying is a memorable experience.

No, but I awakened myself just before the fatal moment.

Are you saying you consciously woke yourself from within your dream?

I've had a few where it ends right before I die, but I had one extreme vivid dream of me dying, dead, and...as a ghost or "soul" being lifted.

The dream before I died was pretty realistic, some guy hated me and my family for some reason and came with friends to kill us. I was outside of my Uncle's house (where I lived at the time) and I saw the men coming towards us and realizing they had guns. I screamed at everyone outside to get inside, that we were being shot at. They got lucky, I didn't. I vividly remember being shot and think it was being "bit" by something (like forest gump) and just falling down. I then felt something, not sure what hoisting me up to the skies. I looked below and saw my body and realized I was dead and my soul or whatever was going somewhere. I started frantically praying (this was also when I was still religious) hoping I was going to Heaven and not Hell. I woke up when someone had responded to me but I don't remember who it was or what it said.

That one made it hard for me to sleep for awhile, along with other night terrors I tend to get. I think I experienced a sort of sleep paralysis a week ago, where a dark figure was standing over my bed and I couldn't move at all and was screaming. I haven't had one where I die in awhile thank goodness.

For me realizing death was imminent when I accepted it it became less fearful. I never got as far as being lifted up.

I get the sleep paralysis occasionally but don't recall a dark figure. I did think there might have been a presence but I don't know. I've heard that sleep paralysis is an indication that there is a situation in your life where you feel trapped.

I don't recall ever having died in a dream, but maybe some close calls. I can't recall any details, but I do recall feeling my life was in danger, hopped up on andrenaline, breathing super hard and rapidly, and sweating. Upon waking, all those things remained, and it took several hours for me to calm down before I could return to sleep.

I have never died in my dreams, I always wake up just before.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3099
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.