Agnostic.com

11 2

Do you owe anyone in your life an apology?

What’s keeping you from making amends?

AMGT 8 Nov 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

i'm sorry, what?

I owe myself an appology for the things I should not have done

Since I have gotten older and I look back on my life, I realize there are people I would like to apologize to. The sad part is I waited too long. They are all dead.

Geez, prolly just about everyone that's ever met me - sorry y'all!

Yes. I owe one to my mother. Unfortunately I will never get the chance to apologize.

to many, but owed a bunch too.

Yes, I owe my mother an apology for not realising that she was under enormous pressure to act religious, when in fact I truly think now, that she was doing the best she could to help me think for myself. Unfortunately, she is now dead so apologies are no longer possible.

Not currently. I'm sure I will do something to hurt someone cause I'm human and make mistakes.

Something I pride myself in is that I'm pretty good at humbling myself and apologizing when I'm wrong. It's not easy, and it took me awhile to swallow my pride but it feels so much better to do it instead of coming up with excuses.

Of course. We all have done things we are not proud of. Why am I not making amends? Because those involved are either dead or no longer a part of my life.

I went through a pretty nasty addiction phase and it took me years to repair a lot of relationships, happy to say these days my side of the street is clean these days!

I think I apologized as I went along especially when even if there was shared blame for something that didn't stop me apologizing. I loathe people who never say 'sorry' like a certain Mango we currently have leading our country. We all get things wrong and it is not a sign of weakness to simply say sorry and move on. So no great apologies from me at this moment in time, but I will try to progress forward doing the right thing so I don't have to apologize as much in the future.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3100
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.