Agnostic.com

7 0

Formerly religious people: What has become your means to cope with loosing your faith?

Where did you focus your thoughts that were previously reserved for faith.

GodlessVoice 5 Mar 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've had no problem with dealing the loosing faith and dumping religious dogma. I wish I woke up earlier in my life to see there is no god and religion is bunch of bs. I'm not held by rule of religious bs when it comes to people. I have no problem with people from different races being together or people of the same gender. I'm bi and I'm glad to tell everyone who reads this . Religion and god is for loosers.

For me time. I didn't cope with loosing faith as that was a weight removed but the loss of family went much deeper and took a long, long time.

gearl Level 8 Mar 3, 2018

Cope? To me it is more like findign freedom out of a mental imprisonment.

I've had no problem coping...it was freeing.

Losing faith was a good thing, nothing to cope with there. I lost only the love and respect of family and friends

In all honesty I haven't found one yet. Sometimes I'm jealous of those capable of faith because they have that comfort I've yet to find.

I have the same issue... I grew up a hardcore wannabe Warrior for God.

Cope with what? I sleep peacefully at night now instead of crying that I am going to hell because I thought about boobies or backsassed my parents.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31018
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.