Agnostic.com

4 4

I was asked recently, by a 'believer', if I prayed when I was in danger or feeling threatened. Well yes I did, when I was a child and in my teens but then I grew up. Frankly the following daft little missive has served me very well in the real world.
'If in danger or in doubt,
run around and scream and ............ shout'.

ruffsailor 3 Nov 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In times of great duress i might start talking to myself saying "no no no no" or "please let it not be true" but they're not thoughts directed to anyone. It might sounds like prayer to an outside observer but it's just me expressing my feelings like grief and hope.

I came to the realisation very early on that there was no-one out there "listening" so not a lot of point in praying.

I like to take action instead of praying. Of course when that isn't possible I may look up and say "Really Universe?".

I admit that I used to pray to be saved when I was younger. Nowadays, I try to stay calm and look for solutions. Then prepare to react quickly to whatever is menacing and coming my way.

SamL Level 7 Nov 8, 2017
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3104
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.