Agnostic.com

7 2

Trump is an idiot when it comes to international trade. As an example, he sent amateurs to negotiate with China.

To give you and idea of how far thinking the Chinese are, in pre-communist China, a lord who builds a garden may pay the equvelent of $100,000 in today's money to have a stone carved. The ctone is then dumped into a river to let the glowing water shape it for over 200 years, to be then taken out and placed in the garden, which the man who paid for it will never see himself.

Communism has nto changed the far thinking aspect of their culture.

Trump's people, at best, may think out to the next quarter of the year. They are nto experienced in international trade and Trump has frozen out the Departments of commerce and State. I expect teh Chinese will get very favorable terms... an dTrump will tout it as beign good and a great vistory for America.

snytiger6 9 Nov 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You're absolutely right. International trade is a far cry from ripping off people in New York. Many countries think several decades into the future if not further when it comes to projects and growth. It's something people in the US haven't done thus far only thinking in the short term.

SamL Level 7 Nov 9, 2017

While I believe normalized relations with China is beneficial. I believe our trade policies with them are costing us many US manufacturing jobs. So there needs to be a change in the dynamic in which we work with China. Trump is looking to change that dynamic but with his history of outsourcing and his incompetence we can't trust him for that.

Update: Trump announced a lot of business agreements. However several of those agreements were already in place befor ehe and his people visited China. Virtually all of the future agteements are "non-binding". Meaning they are unlikely to actually ever happen.

When Trump makes announcements. I think of it as putting extravagant window dressign on a store that remains empty. A lot of times if you try to walk into the store (look into the details behind an announcement) you find the store to be just a facade, like in a movie set with nothign at all behind it.

He's apparently been bankrupt more than once, so he can't be all that good a businessman.

He's the art of the steal.

"Trump is an idiot". I'm surprised you had to qualify that statement 🙂

It wasn't so much a qualification, as an explanation of yet another way he is an idiot, of which people may not have been aware of.

Did he not offer tpp like deals after voicing pull out?

mzee Level 7 Nov 8, 2017
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3109
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.