Agnostic.com

6 1

If we are put on this earth to help others, what are the others here for?

Green_lucifer 4 Mar 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

false IF, even assuming anyone put anyone anywhere (silly assumption) it isn't about helping others. it's about helping EACH other.

g

To do the same?

I don't buy that we were put here for a purpose. It is true that many if not most people reach the conclusion that helping others is the thing to do.
It may all be a useless circle jerk: I help him, he helps her, she helps me...but it does seem to be our nature.

Soylant Green?

I'll have to watch that...

I don't think we were "put on this earth" for any purpose, but I do think we are a social species, and that means things work best for us when we all help each other.

skado Level 9 Mar 16, 2019

i don't think we are really a social species. i think we're really a tribal species. that explains why some ethnic groups do so much better than others e.g. jews & asians.
most of us have been in the melting pot for so long that we really don't get any tribal help when it's needed.

@callmedubious
We are definitely tribal. That’s for sure.

They will find meaning in helping others too.

But don't focus on them. You can't make them do what you think they should. Just do the best for yourself.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:312082
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.