Agnostic.com

6 1

Religionists believe what they're told; free-thinkers what they learn, come to understand. Believers are easily manipulated, controlled.

BobFenner 7 Mar 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

True, at least as far as my opinion goes. I've observed it too much.

Believers in any precomposed set of doctrines and unrealistic promises are easily manipulated alright. Those believers would include, with or without gods, faithful subscribers to political parties, political ideologies and the various 'news' media and 'experts' employed to propagate their holy writ.

A thing/device is fit to its purpose by intent, design.

That is a very good start for your OP but needs to be expanded to know what your is point.

Ah yes; just a statement; general... a launching point J. An opening for others imput, addn.

Pretty much.

I disagree. I've met free thinkers that believe all kinds of weird things.
I'll go a step further and say that I believe that if one thinks they are the "rational" one, they are more likely to fall for confirmation bias and the other host if mental trips our mind does to pat ourself on the back.
If we were devoid of bias, then there wouldn't be infighting among atheist as to whether feminism is a good thing or not.

JeffB Level 6 Mar 2, 2018

Belief is belief; even/inclusive of "strong adherence" (affective domain) for science, other ways of knowing that do not include the supernatural.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31295
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.