Agnostic.com

5 11

Today's hike: warmth and rapidly-melting snow

In brilliant sunshine and warmth, today Karen and I hiked Pipeline Trail near Mission Ridge Ski Area. Karen used backcountry skis and I used snowshoes.

In the parking lot, we coated the bottom of our skis and snowshoes with silicone spray. To prevent snow from sticking. It worked this time.

"The trees look happy with all this moisture," Karen said. With rapidly melting snow, the trail was slushy in sun and icy in shade. People had post-holded up to their knees in boots.

I love playing in the snow in the warmth of Spring! Much better than freezing cold in December.

We saw rabbit tracks, rolling snow circles, and snowy mountains including Glacier Peak behind bare branches.

As we left in the car, a minor snow avalanche had slid onto the road. But the snow didn't block our lane.

We had fun!

LiterateHiker 9 Mar 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You never fail to make me jealous! I miss the northwest and all of the hidden places to explore there. Yet again, thank you.

I simply love your photos. Thank you.

I don't know about you but it is expected to get into the 70's in parts of W. Washington. This could turn out to be another loooong, hot (by our standards) and dry summer. Be prepared.

Wonderful! Thank you fro sharing!!!

tonyp Level 5 Mar 18, 2019

Again, great photos! 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:313386
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.