Agnostic.com

4 0

QUESTION Pennsylvania Church Will Bless Assault Rifles In Preparation For Christ’s Return

Who Would Jesus Shoot?

A gun-loving Pennsylvania church will bless assault rifles in anticipation of Christ’s return.

A church in northeastern Pennsylvania is inviting the faithful to bring their assault weapons, including AR-15-style rifles, to a blessing ceremony planned for next week.

The Independent reports:

Sanctuary Church in Newfoundland, Pennsylvania, is asking couples – specifically, heterosexual couples – to bring what it calls the modern-day “rods of iron” or a similar weapon to the event.

The church is expecting hundreds of people to arrive at its church in Newfoundland on 28 February.

Fox News reports:

At 10 a.m. next Wednesday, church leaders expect up to 600 people for a blessing ceremony, and many of those people are expected to be armed with AR-15s, the gun used in recent mass shootings across the country.

ABC reports the church website directs couples to show up to the ceremony with an AR-15 “or equivalents such as an AK semiautomatic rifle, representing both the intent and the ability to defend one’s family, community … “
Dougy 7 Mar 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As far as I am concerned the rapture cannot happen soon enough and get rid of the morons! And yes, I realize what I just said. We're stuck with them forever.

I've said the same thing for over 20 years 👍😀👍

Guns and Bibles. These people are totally nuts!

See also => [patheos.com]

Fact check: The Book of Revelation says nothing about Jesus holding a semi-automatic rifle.

This isn’t a traditional Christian church. It’s an offshoot of the controversial Unification Church founded by Sun Myung Moon, and it’s led by his son, Reverend Sean Moon. (How batshit crazy are they? The church’s website includes step-by-step instructions for how to multiply Holy Salt, Holy Wine, and Holy Water.)

Read more at [patheos.com]

Dougy Level 7 Mar 2, 2018

Sanctuary Church official Tim Elder explained:

This will be a big thing for us. It’s a new stage for us because it incorporates the rod of iron, as it is in Revelations. Revelations talks about the returning Christ ruling with the rod of iron.

Elder added:

This rod of iron is the AR-15, in today’s terms.

Elder’s reference to a “rod of iron” has its source in Revelation 2:27.

And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Bottom line: Gun-loving Sanctuary Church in Newfoundland, Pennsylvania, will bless assault rifles next week in anticipation of "Christ’s Return".🤞

And so it goes.

Dougy Level 7 Mar 2, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31408
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.