Agnostic.com

9 3

Who is getting Academy Awards on Sunday? Who deserves them?

Skyegal 2 Mar 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

La La Land! Oops, wrong envelope...

I love watching movies, but the awards are not my thing.

as long as the winner doesnt thank god, i don't care...BUT I and most of us work our asses off all day, every day,, Where is OUR award?? #wematter

I don't know. I have no answer.

What are academy awards? I haven't watched TV in years. Except the news. I don't pay for TV. In the commons area of my place, I see the news on a lot.

Good lord you people are uptight!

Best Picture - Get Out, Ladybird, or Shape of Water. The others all have flaws. I personally preferred Get Out.

Lead Actor - I really thought the best was Gary Oldman for Darkest Hour. But some sympathy votes will probably choose either Chalamet for a gay role or DDL for it being his last picture.

Lead Actress - Frances McDormand by a mile. Meryls role wasn't that good, Margot wasn't that good, Saoirse did good but I don't think they'll give it to her. Sally Hawkins could be a sympathy choice.

Supp. Actor - I am gonna say DaFoe even though Woody and Sam rockwell were both good. I could see Plummer as a sympathy vote for what he had to do to finish.

Supp. Actress - Strictly between Laurie Metcalf and Allison Janney. Both of them had excellent roles and did excellent jobs with them. I prefer Metcalf's because she turned into my mom ... but Janney probably was the best. That was a rich character. She was damn good. Octavia's role was to be herself and I didnt consider the other two even in the ballgame.

You take away Gary's makeup and where is the acting? ...and I like the guy and his trade... but he was all makeup there. Didn't saw "get out" as a best movie. My humble opinion... not member of the academy... have not seen all nominated. Not watching the awards or looking to be right or wrong on the matter.

Was "The Shape of Water" that good? I'm a del Toro fan but have not seen that movie.

"Get Out" definitely deserves a best picture - not because of it's social themes (Does it really have any?), but because it's simply a very original horror film that up-ends the "superior race" themes.

Shape of Water for B.M..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31462
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.