Agnostic.com

4 5

Rent a Finn. Finland, the happiest country in the world again, launches contest for free trip.

Love it!

"Our secret is in our nature, very literally. When others go to therapy, Finns put on a pair of rubber boots and head to the woods," said a release from Visit Finland announcing its sweepstakes to 'rent your very own Finn.'"

[nbcnews.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Mar 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In June 2017 I met a college student from Finland who was hiking the Appalachian Trail. After only 5 weeks on the trail he had gone 1000 miles and was almost halfway done. He wanted to be sure that he got to the end of the trail by mid-August so that he could catch his flight back home in time to go back to school. His trail name was "Bambi Magnet" since had been stalked by a deer hiking the Pacific Crest Trail on a previous visit to the US. Those Finns really know how to hike.

Finland , Finland , Finland
The country where I want to be
Pony trekking or camping or just watching T.V
It's the country for me

You're so near to Russia
So far away from Japan
Quite a long way from Cairo
Lots of miles from Vietnam

The country where I want to be
Eating breakfast or dinner
Or snack lunch in the hall
Finland has it all

You're so sadly neglected
And often ignored
A poor second to Belgium
When going abroad

The country where I quite want to be
Your mountains so lofty
Your treetops so tall
Finland has it all
Monty Python/Micheal Palin

A high suicide rate. Number 23 in the world with 15.9 per 100000. The USA is No. 29 with 15.3.

Finns are also physically active, and regularly take saunas. Contrast that to the typical sedentary, poor-diet, overweight/obese Amerikan. No wonder so many people here are depressed.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:315073
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.