Agnostic.com

2 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

MSNBC is a liberal propaganda.

I don't think so. They were critical of Clinton and Obama when they did questionable things too.

One of th hings I like about Rachael Maddow is that she explains the significance of what she is talkign about. Havign a Phd.in Political Science, I think gives her a greater understanding than Fox pundits, most of which dropped out of college.

Like she has a clue of how the whole system works....???. Japan, China, Germany, etc, etc, have been taxing our imports for years... Now we are going to even the playing field.. I'm good with that..

Uhhh, do you have any idea who pays those tarrifs?

@sewchick57 Yes,,, the end buyer... What's your point?

@sewchick57 I'm waiting........

@Captain_Feelgood The point is it raises prices on consumer gods in the U.S. meaning your money wont' go as far, and your standard of living gets lowered as a result Not to mention it will redue demand for American goods which will mean layoffs, flooding the labor market with peopel looking for work, whci means your employer wont' have any reason to raise your wages, because you can't get more money anywhere else. They may even reduce your pay, because you cant' go anywhere else. So, your standard of living goes down again.

i mean, I only took an introduction to economics in college, but I can follow through with what a set of economic actions can set into motions and hwo it will eventually impact me.

@snytiger6 Or, the other countries reduce their import taxes, we sell more over there creating more jobs here, or we buy more made in America items. There's two sides to every coin.

@Captain_Feelgood Yes and no. There are two sides, but you have to look at where the middle point is located from which Trump is starting. If he implements tarries, there will be retaliation. We may be in an unfair trade position, but we got there very very gradually. Sudden drastic changes will only make things worse.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:315271
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.