Agnostic.com

11 1

LINK Tyson is recalling 69,000 pounds of chicken strips after customers complained they contained metal - AOL Finance

I don't do the strips. Do you? The Southern fried breast portions are good.

IAJO163 8 Mar 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If I'm going to eat chicken, I will process most of it myself, not going to kill, gut or pluck, but everything beyond that will most likely be me. The lazier the cook, the more likely that they are going to get something they don't want in their food. I don't farm anymore, but when I did almost everything in my freezer was pesticide free, hormone free and antibiotic free and metal and rubber free.

Not counting the added value $$$ to the product for being lazy ?

yes, everyone needs a home and needs to raise their own food.

Probably metal shavings from the line. Too bad they allowed so many lbs to go over.
It happens...

I try to stick to fish for my meats, but I think iron is actually good for you.

Assuming the "metal" was iron, then they may have responding to complaints that chicken does not have enough dietary iron and one will become anemic without iron. 🙂

Eww. I don't eat that crap. Chicken or fried stuff.

High in iron?

Would be funnier if they complained because they contained no chicken. I eat as little processed food as I can.

A long time ago, around Thanksgiving in NH I went to put a couple of tires on my car. I sat down in the lobby and met Mr. Hodgdon who owned a local turkey farm. Mr. Hodgdon was an older man who actually had quite a waddle, he looked sorta like a turkey. We knew each other and he proceeded to ask me "did you know that Butter Ball had to recall a million turkeys" I said no, and he said " yea they forgot to butter their balls"

Not sure what that has to do with Tyson, but the news article brought it to mind.

cava Level 7 Mar 22, 2019

Stop. Eating. Animals.

I wonder who all they provide chicken for besides grocery stores. Do they do Chick-Fillet, Windy's?

Nope, no strips! Dark meat all the way - fried, baked - doesn't matter, it's all yummy.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:315683
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.