Agnostic.com

9 3

Do you complain a lot? Has anyone ever told you that you complain too much?

Aralt 7 Mar 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I complain a lot, but mostly to my cats. Humans do not deserve my negativity. When complaining to Humans, I ask permission first. If they do not want to hear me bellyache, I respect that.

SKH78 Level 8 Mar 3, 2018

Actually, I do. I complain about those who complain a lot. I hate drama but I talk about all those who have too much drama. I suppose all of this is my drama.

Yep, I complain often. I mainly go on the internet and rant in random places to random people... the vast majority of us do that. Better to let out the negativity into the void of the internet rather than people at work or your loved ones.

Liviu Level 4 Mar 3, 2018

No it does not seem to do any good. Trump is still there.

For the whole summer brother in law bitched and complained his job was killing him... he died in the fall. 7 years my junior... I stay Retired, never to complain about retirement.

Your post made me gassy.

I nag,
I only nag kids, mostly my students,
the only way to make me stop is for them to do what is required,
it works and I am incessant.

More generaly, Like to bitch and whinge,
my nick name is Captain Grumpy,
I want to be the grumpy old man of the town.

Sadly yes. It's something I'm working on though! Positive thoughts! =D

I had to laugh a bit to myself when I read this question. I do happen to complain a lot, but to be fair I believe it's genetic! My mom is always complaining too, about every little thing. I've tried to moderate my remarks and cut back on the bitching, but it slips out more often than I care to admit. Pretty much everyone who knows me in person has told me I complain too much. It doesn't help that I'm something of a pessimist and that negativity naturally leaks into my chatter to a point that it sounds like I'm complaining when really I'm just outlining facts.

Yesss! the last bit. Even when I'm not people think I am. If you're like me, you also tend to balance things. If you're saying something negative you say something positive too, and vice versa. Which really makes people think you're complaining but you just want to get the full picture in frame!

@Ersomething Exactly! My attempts to temper my negativity often fail to get noticed though since people are focusing on the complaining portion and missing the rest of my statement. Often I end up with an eye roll or a head shake before I'm summarily dismissed.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31606
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.