Agnostic.com

4 0

Religion vs Evolution!!ASAP

Guys i have to present a presentation about religion vs Evolution in front of my college class.Now knowing my college class everyone will try to slam me ,because it's a Christian college.so please it really helps if anyone could point out how to do the presentation and prepare the slides.min 10 slides.There is a questioning session after the ppt. Where people get to slam me.so pls help me in preparing.

Lordblaze11 2 Mar 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Plan your pro arguments first, then, take note if the coming counter arguments and present rebuttals as a part of your presentation, not rebuttals. Use evidence backed arguments and citations. Don't use emotional arguments and don't get drawn into emotional responses. Good wishes.

Use visuals. Keep showing clips of when the crew of the Enetrprise beam down to a planet surface and say it's how life first appeared on Earth (the center of the universe).

Keep it short and to the point. For example, "I have gathered the evidence for arguing points on evolution, however, I am currently awaiting God's answers on how to support the religious view."

Evolutionary scientist up until the 60's were all religious. Yup not one of them thought the idea that life had a mechanism to make itself improve and get better was an indication that god didn't exist, actually the contrary. The concepts of religion and evolution are not mutually exclusive. Only if you take the idea that the bible is literal and not full of parables and guess work written by goat herders in a desert thousands of years ago do you have issues.
So I probably lean on the beliefs of the people who pioneered evolution as an example that they aren't contrary.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:316228
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.