Agnostic.com

7 3

What do you think about the idea, "God gave us this Land"?

Now , when god gave the Zionist a chunk of the mid-east, other people, Palestinians, held land titles to that land, some going back centuries. Another point is that god is fictional and hasn't given anything to anyone. And to be hypothetical, would it be okay for a group to take over New York---- because "god" gave it to them- and anyone trying to retake the land was a "terrorist"?

Diogenes 8 Nov 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have been to the middle East and it is not a very green place at all. I was on a tour of Muscat Oman and we spent a lot of time going to places that they had imported grass... lol
Years later I saw photos of Israel and lots of green, lush lands and lots of farm land. Then it hit me......of course you would say "God gave you good land. Why would he give you crap land like most of what I saw and simply with his all mighty magic make crap land great land for his chosen people? Yeah god given land is a joke.

I don't think satire is appropriate- but a point that was brought up was 'all' the land thefts, but once in a while the thieves got more than they bargained for- such as George Armstrong Custer. Then there is the histories of all the thieving of the land from indigenous peoples, in Canada, Australia, US---
And something worse than the theft of land: "God (that god-dude again) gave us these slaves." And that was probably said with a straight face- not even the smallest sense of irony.

'Manifest destiny' is a piece of propaganda world-wide. It is a big part of the Israel/Palestine problem and usually finds it's way in most groups wanting to splinter off from another group. It is self-serving, arrogant, selfish and a part of a tribes perception of survival. Again, we playing evolution's game and are not smart enough to realize it.

I am real estate agent.. People use style to get land, use people to live in vacant lots when owners far away. That we call it squatting, we call people squatters. When owner come back he see many many houses and many many people in his land. He call policemen to evict squatters. Squatters fight police. Many hurt. Some dead. Owner is charge in court human rights violation

Ludicrous!

I think it is a ridiculous concept that a god would give his chosen people such a wasteland of desert. Why not the Nile Delta, or some more fertile place?

Taking over New York because god gave it to them sounds perfectly reasonable to me, it's how land grabs have been carried on since time immemorial. And yes deffinately trying to get it back would make the original owners "terrorists" So what is new?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3168
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.