Agnostic.com

9 0

Who are your greatest role models?/Who is your greatest role model?

Could be anyone--people in your family, scientists, philosophers, could be alive, could be dead, etc. Anyone who impacted your life in a positive way.

AustinSkepticus 7 Mar 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I was young, my father
Now that I am old, my mother
All the storytellers, from Snorri Sturluson to Terry Pratchett.
Albert Michelson & Edward Morley from Case Western University, looking for the 'wild aether" and invented interferometry on the way.
Betty Friedan and all the movers toward women's equality.
Every person I see being kind and understanding toward another.

Easy one - Parents and Grandparents ☺

A boss of mine years ago, long dead, the way he stood up for his staff, my 2nd cousin, now in his 80, amost honest man and kind man.
I had 'heroes" as a kid, met some, missed some, one lives not far from here I would watch him surf when I was 8, when I was 21 I paid him to design and make a board for me. I read about one guy in my teens, eventually I met him through his father who happeend to be a close friend. Eventually we lectured together, that was awesome. He coined the phrase "Alternative Technology" of which I am an advocate.

I really look up to J.K. Rowling. Not just because of Harry Potter, but because of her personal story.

sir david attenborough and george carlin.

Cassius clay

I don’t know about role models but people I admire are the ones who pick up my trash. It’s a hard, thankless job that exposes them to all sorts of hazards.

Iffy Level 5 Mar 3, 2018

Elon Musk. Very inspirational, giving a reason to step away from calculating to cheer. Fascinating

Christopher Hitchens, Joe Rogan, Micheal Shermer.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31724
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.