Agnostic.com

5 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Great history lesson. Thanks.

Very cool ?

bobwjr Level 10 Mar 24, 2019
THHA Level 7 Mar 24, 2019

Translations from one language to another often has idiosyncrasies like that. It is not unusual at all. In fact, if I wanted to say "What's happening" in Russian, it would sound like "Cock dyla?" In German, the word for "thick" is Dick. All phonetically, that is.
Star Media has some very good movies, that I think surpass anything I have seen in the USA for a long time. "The Dawns are Quiet Here", "The Theif" AKA Bop, "The Hunt For The Gaulieter" . . . . They are all in Russian with English subtitles . . . . recommend you do one of two choices . . . . slow the video down, so you can keep up with the subtitles, or download (less advertisements) the series and watch it with VLC Player, using the "[" and "]" to change the speed to a slower speed.

Thanks for sharing. Very interesting.

LB67 Level 7 Mar 24, 2019

Why is this not a film?

It is. See the link above

Thanks guys

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:317288
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.