Agnostic.com

11 0

The moon

There has been many theories and hypothetical reasons as to why we have ie humans have never returned to the moon since the sixties or seventies.
Possible reasons range from aliens to secret nazi moon bases and even wilder ideas. What do you all think.?

Wynter75 5 Mar 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There's nothing more to learn, according to Neil deGrasse Tyson, if I remember correctly: as a reply to a conspiracy-loaded question he received in one of his talks.

(I took this that he meant: there's nothing more of more importance to learn from the moon - rather than we've learned all we can from the moon.)

He continued: that there were many more moon landings than people remember.

The potential gain is not worth the cost or risk.

The ISS is going the way of the dodo bird, and resources will be returned to the moon for the purpose of prepping for Mars. Read that about a month ago...

I see youre point the iss is indeed a dead duck it needs to be done away with bit the moon as we know it isn't a viable slingshot to Mars it'd be fun to settle a colony on the moon but is it feasible

@GaryDoherty - I do believe that's the approach - create a base to work out the kinks.

We've seen the moon. We're moving on. We're headed to Mars, Saturn, the Sun. There's not a lot we can do there... at least for now.

Wasn't there a blond organisation that planned a mission to the sun?

They were told that they would burn up in the heat.

The reply: That's OK, we're going at night.

maybe we were never there or its a lot of money to stand on a round dessert

It's a spaceship full of aliens that don't want us poking our big nose in. They told us to go away or they would get Marvin the Martian to blow up earth with his Acme Disintegrating Pistol.

No one cares enough nor is interested enough to go back. The Apollo program lost its funding for the final three missions because the public got bored and NASA couldn't sell "science" as an interesting enough reason to launch them.

I do believe that this will change soon. There will likely be a moon base within 20 years. It might be a Chinese or a Russian base, but, there will be a moon base.

Actually current treaties prohibit any base on the moon

@Doperheim I doubt that and suspect that it is firmly open to interpretation. Reference please...

@marmot84 It appears i was slightly mistaken... Military bases are prohibited as well as any claim of sovereignty ( [nti.org] ) however, as far as i can find Scientific bases are allowed

@Doperheim That's a relief! You had me worried

probably nazis

I believe there just isn't any reason to go back to the moon. The UN actually has laws that prevent any colony (scientific or otherwise) and we already know everything we want to know about the moon that would require us to Visit it. Plus it's Very expensive... That would be a waste of money. money we could (and are) use to go to the next closest body for colonozation (mars).

The UN has laws? Yeah, right.

@El-loco To be more accurate its enforced by the UN but its an International treaty that ratified it. It's in the 1967 treaty. called "Treaty on Principles Governing the Activities of States in the Exploration and Use of Outer Space" that's long though. its more commonly referred to as the 'Outer space treaty'. (because that sounds professional) there's also another that goes even further called the 'moon treaty'.

It costs a lot of money

Thing bout money is we as humans make tg e stuff we make the money we make ie design build and create the rockets the shuttles we make it all it's not expensive. Money is fake if you got up out of bed tomo with no knowledge of money ever having existed would you still do all you could to keep the world running wether it be food clothes or anything else.. Money means nothing if it's removed from our lives we won't miss it.

@GaryDoherty no shit Sherlock. But we live in a world where the majority is convinced it's worth something so my point stands

@GaryDoherty I'd miss it.

@SimonMorgan1 sorry it dosent as money is a fake control tactic if it dosent exist then the problem goes away as does you're point.

@El-loco I wouldnt

@GaryDoherty who's going to get the materials , do all the science , put the materials together in the right order , give up all their time all for no reward ???

@SimonMorgan1 there lies you're problem you're arguments rely on the fact money is a necessity.. Money is an evil curse on humankind people will always do what is needed to survive and to flourish its been bred into everyone that you need money to survive. Its time to break those bonds those handcuffs and take back our planet from evil.

@GaryDoherty and I'm sure that company that supplies your internet takes stones as payment .

As if we've really been there, lol.

Seriously, I think we've pretty much accomplished every thing we set out to do there, and it was too damned expensive to repeat the effort.

JimG Level 8 Mar 3, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31768
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.