Agnostic.com

7 2

LINK ‘Duck Dynasty’ star fantasizes about the rape and murder of an atheist family | Michael Stone

FTA: Previously Robertson has used his Christian faith to justify vile anti-gay bigotry, equating homosexuality to bestiality, and comparing LGBT people with drunkards, thieves, prostitutes, and adulterers.

Robertson has also claimed AIDS and other sexually-transmitted diseases are God’s punishment for immorality.

It is not uncommon for ignorant Christians to claim that without a god there can be no morality. Such assertions say nothing about atheism, but do indicate a staggering poverty of intellect and character by those who make such facetious claims.

zblaze 7 Mar 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Clearly a mean ignorant ass, never watch (ed) these shows; what I know are from various articles and nothing in them offers any reason to even want to watch.

Duck Dynasty and Here comes Baby Boo Boo were two peas in a pod, what do you expect to come from these people, intellectual poetry?

JCII Level 5 Mar 28, 2019

The guy is making an idiotic point, but he isn’t fantasizing. The word ‘fantasize’ carries weight that that is not supported by the article. We don’t need to do this horse shit.

Yes, he was fantasizing indirect76. Look up the definition of the word to determine if it "carries weight". In this case it is supported by the article.

verb (used without object), fan·ta·sized, fan·ta·siz·ing.
to conceive fanciful or extravagant notions, ideas, suppositions, or the like

@zblaze Let’s suppose I said, “Two guys break into an christian’s home. They rape & kill the wife & daughter, then cut the father’s penis off. This is morally wrong because...”

Now, is it fair to say that I fantasized about raping and killing Christians?

@indirect76 Yes, it is fair to say that!

@zblaze Great. I’m glad you are being consistent.

I obviously would not say that is fair. I think ‘fantasize’ has a connotation of something that is desirable. It’s this connotation that is used in the headline, deliberately to evoke a reaction.

If it was solely meant in the way you defined, then it’s not news. The headline misrepresents what the guy was saying, and what he was saying is a misrepresentation of atheism. Hoseshit is horseshit.

@indirect76 It's quite disturbing to realize that you fantasize doing that to Christians 76.

manifesto

Looks to me like a fake christian made that flag.

I actually had someone from here tell me that I must have got my morals from a hold-over from when I was a Christian. I would have expected that kind of reasoning from a Christian, but to have someone from here insist that's how I have morals was weird.

Well he looks the epitome of intellectual reasoning thoughtful consideration

Can't really expect anything better from that ignorant hypocrite.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:317893
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.