Agnostic.com

7 8

Grammarly disabled since latest update

Hi, I'm Victoria and I am dyslexic. 😀

Ever since you added the formatting options (just above the comment or post box) the Grammarly app no longer works while making comments, nor does the icon show up in the right-bottom corner of the text box. It does when I edit, and it does when making sub comments (showing no formatting option). Also, it no longer works while writing posts (which now includes those formatting options). This was not an issue before you made the additions.

I wonder if anyone else who uses this grammar app is having the same issues here?

@paul1967 @Paul628

Thanks for looking into this.

VictoriaNotes 9 Mar 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Grammerly isn't working at all for me on this site. What occured that took it away and would reverting back allow us to keep grammery. I can't speak for everyone but I would rather have grammerly working than a new text field that allows me to make words appear bold or italic

Thank you admin. I have keys that stick either up or down, and really miss Grammarly here.

Hi Victoria, I'm Gert and I am dyslectic too 😀.
I had not noticed there was a separate grammar app before. My system used it automatically I guess. Although I did not notice it already, it indeed stopped working here.
Because my longer texts sometimes disappeared without reason, when I was working on them, I started to use Word when I write longer texts. It gives me a great grammar check and the text does not disappear. After that copy/past is easy of course.
But anyway, I would like the grammar check to work again too.
When I write gramar instead of grammar, and I don't notice it, it looks nasty after posting it. Ok, there is always the option of editing, but still ……

Gert Level 7 Mar 5, 2018

I'm having the same problems.

I havve the same issues. I miss being able to use it.

I didnt know it existed. I am sure it shows

Hi Victoria. Hmmm. We didn't realize that 3rd party software might not like the new text editor. We'll have to figure out a way to make it work or allow members to toggle it on/off. Will put this on the list. Thanks!

Admin Level 9 Mar 4, 2018

Thank you. I really want to be able to use the Grammarly app

I guess it's worth the effort. Thanks.

I have Grammarly, and it is working now. @victorianotes, @paul1967, @gert

@VictoriaNotes We're working on it in the next few days starting by consolidating the software we use for all posts, questions, links, groups and events. Think of it like spring cleaning.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31955
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.