Agnostic.com

17 1

One liners and pickup lines?

How do you feel about pickup lines? Does a smooth pickup line have an impact on your "first impressions"? What are some of your experiences and have they ever worked for you or on you?

StableGuinness 4 Mar 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I used to post up in the grocery store by the cake dept. holding a box of mix. I would ask the girl I was after, "I'm not sure I can make this, it's my son's birthday and I'm making him a cake", then I would ask what kind of pan or something. In this brief conversation she has learned that 1. I am single 2. I need a woman's help 3. she was special enough to ask. I batted about 340 on this. The cougars that wore spandex to the store were usually most receptive.

Pick up lines executed as a conversation starter with humor are fun. But really just hello and body language can tell a lot about a person. Be genuine and things will work

A dazzling smile is the best pick up line for me.

there cheesy as fuck

Are fake

The ole "Do I know you from somewhere?" works very well.

How about 'I have a pickup do you want to do a line'?

Lol

@DelilahJones33 Thanks

Hey baby are you a motorcycle track? Cause all I want to do is lean into those curves.

Ew! Don't use that one lol

If someone is sincere and respectful, even a bad pick-up line can sometimes work .

All the best ones.

"G'day, watchya doin? Where ya goin? Do ya do it?"

Mine are not working.
"You know I'm pretty good at muff diving." That just doesn't seem to attract them much these days. Maybe I need to update my language.

I think cheesy pickup lines are adorable. My favorite is, "Is it hot in here...or is it you?" A good laugh is a great way to start a.conversation.

"the voices in my head said I should come talk to you...."

I’m going to the Inn, and I don’t want to go alone.

I don't think I was very good at them. "Do you like kitties?" "I'm so nervous right now I think I peed a little in my pants.". "I have a job.". "I don't suppose you are desperate are you?".

You know the kitty line makes you sound bordering serial killer right?

@DelilahJones33 No...But that explains a lot

Not a big fan, but I recognize that some people can only open a conversation with something memorized, so as long as it isn't rude or sickening, I'll accept it and probably forget it.

Even though I really don't care for pick up lines, I feel like bringing up current events is a better way to meet someone new. However one of my favorite pick up lines that I've never used is "I'll buy dinner if you'll make breakfast".

Yuck.

@GoldenDoll why do u say yuck? I've never used it but I think it's kind of clever.

@moden1065 Because it assumes I'll sleep with you. Too basic & arrogant for me. I prefer something more intellingent.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32040
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.