Agnostic.com

7 6

LINK The Secret Jehovah’s Witness Database of Child Molesters - The Atlantic

Thus did the Jehovah’s Witnesses build what might be the world’s largest database of undocumented child molesters: at least two decades’ worth of names and addresses—likely numbering in the tens of thousands—and detailed acts of alleged abuse, most of which have never been shared with law enforcement, all scanned and searchable in a Microsoft SharePoint file. In recent decades, much of the world’s attention to allegations of abuse has focused on the Catholic Church and other religious groups. Less notice has been paid to the abuse among the Jehovah’s Witnesses, a Christian sect with more than 8.5 million members.

zblaze 7 Apr 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I worked with a JW> His kids seemed comatose most of the time. No ambition at all after high school except to go on a mission. Come to find out the son when in his 30's was found to be a molester. All that repression and anger has to go somewhere

THANK YOU FOR THIS!! I am one of them and kept getting told I just “imagined” 12 years of abuse starting at age 2 by my Dad who became a PO. Recently found out my bf at the time was hit on by him too. I am sick of their hypocrisy, wish I could sue, know that others knew, I could name names. It’s all so horrible.

The shit never ends....

twill Level 7 Apr 6, 2019

What is with these religious communities protecting child molesters? I seriously do not understand what they think is accomplished by protecting these predators and helping them to find new victims.

LB67 Level 7 Apr 4, 2019

Wow! I read it all. I'm not surprised!

Why aren't they on the registry?

So disturbing. 😟

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:322632
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.