Agnostic.com

9 1

Which movies do you find are totally heart breaking that you cannot but shed a tear or find it hard not to?

For me, it's Schindler's List. I've not yet been desensitised to that movie - regardless of the number of times I've watched it.

I also cannot stop a tear when watching "The Impossible" - albeit not as constant as when watching "Schindler's List". The Impossible is based on the true story of the Spanish family (with 3 children) who was caught in, was separated because of, and survived the 2004 Indonesian tsunami.

Which movies do you find totally sad and/or happy that you cannot help but react to it? Are there movies that you embarssingly bawl your eyes out at?

SamKerry 7 Mar 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There are many I love but the one that comes to mind currently is Hidalgo. I can watch it again and again and still love it absolutely.

SamL Level 7 Mar 8, 2018

Very underrated movie.

Midnight Express, On my, the only movie I have watched more than a few times and I never watch a movie twice unless it is spectacular.

EMC2 Level 8 Mar 6, 2018

Aww heck, I still cry every time I see Terms of Endearment or Bridges of Madison County and I've seen them both into the double-digits over the years.

"Me Before You"
And "Old Yeller"

There are a few that kill me.

Shindler's list
A.I.
Saving Private Ryan
"Big Fish"
"American Sniper"

as for "love?" and cannot help but react to - - the list is long.

Yeah, AI was a little underrated, I thought. Possibly because the ending caught many by surprise. It was ahead of its time. It is more accepted today that one day in the very far future, the Earth will truly be dead. I own the DVD of the movie.

Boys Don't Cry. The story and how prevalent the events in the movie are still going on just makes it so hard to watch and not feel something.

Too many to list. Now I try to avoid movies that make me feel really sad. I get enough of that in life without looking for it.

Pan's Labrynth always leaves me in a complex emotional state. Difficult to define exactly.

The ending was definitely bitter-sweet.

That movie is a visual work of art. I also find the ending a bit convoluted. I was also left emotionally twisted.

Boy in the stripped pajamas

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32284
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.