Agnostic.com

9 1

Do you think the human animal will go extinct in the sixth mass extinction currently under way?

• 7 votes
  • 8 votes
  • 4 votes
  • 2 votes
polyananda 5 Mar 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hopefully

I sure the fuck hope so.

Are any of you familiar with the possibility of abrupt climate change?

I don't think we will go extinct. I do think society will collapse and population will go waaaaay down.

It may be that man's role* in the bigger picture is to get the machines up to a level where AI can take over. When the first Terminator movie came out I thought the machines were the bad guys. By the time the 3rd one came out and Bush had been President I thought the machines might have a point.

MarqG Level 5 Mar 4, 2018

Humans are a resilient creature they will always find a way to survive and thrive.

The human species will go extint. Wh and how have yet to be determined.

I'm sure that is what all the other animals are hoping for. I'm guessing this was a pretty cool place before we came along.

Nah - were too versatile - unless a massive and unforeseen catastrophic event occurs suddenly. Like several volcanoes going off at once spewing clouds of dust continuously for several weeks.

But not the current slow death (due to global warming). What do they say is the cause of the current mass extinction? Even with the near future problem of warmer oceans, smaller ice caps, more methane in the atmosphere, more mercury in the oceans and food chains, lesser pacific islands, etc., humans would still be able to live for at least 100 years.

(By the way, when the ice caps melt, they'll release the methane trapped in them into the atmosphere and the mercury trapped in them into the oceans. Methane is a worse greenhouse gas then carbon dioxide - causing more severe and accelerated global warming effects. And we all know the dangers to mercury in our food chain.

Like they said, global warming could actually be worse than our current estimates.)

Probably in a future mass extinction, yes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32285
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.