Agnostic.com

6 2

LINK Quebec's religious symbol ban targets minorities in the name of secularism | Martin Patriquin | Opinion | The Guardian

FTA: The CAQ government claims Bill 21 will be a bulwark protecting Quebec’s cherished and longstanding secularism. Yet by fixating on religious minorities, it actually serves as a fig leaf for the government’s own nativist tendencies – and is a reminder how fear and antipathy tend to beget bad, dangerous laws.

zblaze 7 Apr 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ohferpetessake. All public displays of religious symbols annoy the hell out of me, get rid of them!

Well, as long as the White Knights have something to shriek about, that's the most important thing here, right?

Focusing on "protecting minorities," atheist White Knights will welcome GREATER religious presence into public life.

You'd think someone here would welcome a pro-secular policy.

Ah, le Quebecois!

Trump has gone too far yet again.

And here I thought they would be building a wall to keep our insanity out. Is it a white supremacist shit show everywhere?

@OwlInASack I don't know what that means. There are always those that have to say mean stuff. just because someone has a different.opinion.

@OwlInASack White supremacists are racists, ie Alt right and white nationals,
and have come out from under their rocks since the Potus has both blatantly and in political code maintained his popularity with them by condoning the ideology of this horrific group.

everything in Quebec seems to be filtered through the Pure Lane narrative

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:323271
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.