Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK 'Samurai Jack' Is Probably the Most Beautiful, Inventive Cartoon Ever - VICE

We are a storytelling species.

:-----:

"Samurai Jack always walked a fine line between macabre meditation on grief and regret, social satire, and overt screwball comedy. In the new season, Tartakovsky dropped us in the deep end, exploring the growing madness of a man kept out of time, place, and self for more than 50 years—stuck in a nightmare of death and escape. Samurai Jack has PTSD, of course he does. And Tartakovsky bring this to us not through internal monologue, or the observations of smarmy sidekicks, but through hallucinatory hellscapes of corpses and slaughter, of a literal schizophrenic projection of Jack's hate and self-pity."

WilliamCharles 8 Apr 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In my university's Office of Religious Life, I was the staff advisor to the student atheist group (I was called "the atheist chaplain" ). I explained to the other groups that I felt Samurai Jack was a wonderful example to me of humanist values to aspire to.

Samurai Jack is/was incredible.

Yes, it was, and it appears the new one will continue with similar quality. Yay!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:323531
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.