Agnostic.com

8 9

"YOU BITCH!" a Christian woman screamed, carrying a "Pray to End Abortion" sign

Anti-abortion protesters stand outside Planned Parenthood, carrying "Pray to End Abortion" signs. In good weather.

For a year, I have been giving them the finger, as they can't see my "thumb down" gesture.

"God loves you!" an anti-abortion zealot called last summer.

Yesterday a young girl joined the protesters. It's Spring break. Driving by, I rolled down my car window and held aloft my middle finger, waving like a pendulum.

A Christian woman came unhinged: "YOU BITCH!" she shrieked.

Driving slowly, she didn't break my rhythm.

The girl needs to know many people support Planned Parenthood. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Your thoughts?

LiterateHiker 9 Apr 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If I flipped someone off I would not be surprised if they yelled an expletive at me.

Personally, when it comes to protesters, I’d rather ignore them than give them the attention they are attempting to get.

Pro-birther's care little about life just make sure you give birth and it's no surprise to me.??

The usual mob mentality. People get caught up in the madness of their groups and let somebody else do their thinking. It has been said if you are against abortion don't have one. But, also, don't force others to conform to your beliefs.
For me, I have found simply ignoring these people is the best way. Reacting negatively only tends to get me riled up even more.

Thoughts?
I think you handled them better than I would have.

Try asking her for her address. Unwanted children still need a home.

You are absolutely right! And the woman that shouted doesn't sound very christian...how about the other cheek?

Well you ask!
Personally I think they should be able to protest, but I think they should not be allowed within a mile of the Planned Parenthood facility. They have the right. Now I also think that they should not have children there, or pregnant women, no children as they probably are not old enough to know what they do and what the issue really is.
As an issue my Mother told me once, "Before you make any decision about what happens in another persons life spend a week in an emergency room of a major hospital, see what people do to each other and what Nature does to people. Not everyone is created as a whole being, sometimes there are parts missing, Nature can not be nice and loving." I was once in a hospital room on an Indian Reservation in the Southwest and could see across the room before the door was shut. I later asked my Mom what was there as I saw something I could not understand. She replied, "You saw that? I wish you had not! That was a baby that was seventeen years old and weighed eighteen pounds. The parents have been taking care of it for all those years, that is love." All lessons are not taught in school and for most there is no concern for what can and does happen. I think on this issue the protesters should just get over it, before the religious right needed a topic to gather people around it was not an issue. Actually I now remember reading in the LA paper about babies being found in garbage cans, and later hearing about them being found in several ditches out away from towns. There has to be a better way, we should be taking care of ourselves better than this.

I send $’s to PP.

Me too. Every month.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:324067
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.