Agnostic.com

32 11

Alright... let's go there.

Polyamory vs. Monogamy
or however you want to phrase it...

Do you believe that we as human beings should be progressing towards POLY type relationships - not expecting one person to meet all our needs, and not being expected by one person to meet all of their needs...

Or are you solid in your monogamous ways?

I was seeing a fella who is poly, and it gave me a lot of anxiety... but I'm not sure if it gave me more or less anxiety that if we were doing things one on one. He was honest about his activities, and when he was with his other girlfriend I would feel sick...but at least I knew what he was doing, and he wasn't just 'out with friends' for me to imagine if he was lying or cheating. Yes, I know I have major trust issues with men, that's a much deeper and longer story.

But how do you feel, what do you think?

doglvr1882 5 Mar 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments (26 - 32)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

@doglvr1882 In between significant relationships I have had casual relationships with several men at a time not always sexual but good to hang out with, not long term friends either although sometimes they have become good friends, once I commit to someone though there's not enough room for more than one

I believe that humans by our nature are both bi sexual and poly, but due to religion and paranoia we have restricted our-self's to something that is both unnatural and does not help our species evolve. Besides poly relationships can be anything from very close friends (without sex at all) to married couples.

Poly can only work if all want it. My ex had a girlfriend and we got along together we all had feelings for each other and we for the most part were all together at the same time. I think where a problem comes in is when there isn't a togetherness. Other than that I've only been in monogamous relationships.

Certainly not everyone can pull off poly. you have to really do some soul searching and you will feel the answer in your gut. Maybe sharing someone in a 3way first would be easier for some people???

I think it's important for you to pay attention to that gut feeling when he is with others.

I refuse to be in a monogamous relationship; simple as that.

When all is said and done, I have seen very few poly arrangements that work out. Count me as one of the monogamous ones. I also realize that monogamy and monotony are not the same thing.????

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32447
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.