Agnostic.com

8 1

LINK LDS Church dumps its controversial LGBTQ policy, cites ‘continuing revelation’ from God - The Salt Lake Tribune

Maybe the latter days really are upon us...

No, I'm kidding. It's just the Mormon church being stunningly hypocritical and griftingly (if you'll excuse the non-word) mercenary again.

RichCC 8 Apr 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wow, God sure changes his mind quickly. Maybe he lacks self-confidence in his decisions.

Mormonism takes everything that is silly about Christianity and multiplies it by 1000.

God has told me that Mormonism is full of crap. As well as Catholicism, Scientology, Christian Science, and all types of fundamentalism.

MtBip Level 1 Apr 6, 2019

I forgot mention Jehovah's Witnesses, truly a religion for working-class morons.

Their revelation came from the god of money. It always does with religion...follow the money. Hypocrites for sure.

I couldn't agree more. The LDS church I grew up near were the most cold-blooded, short-sighted, money grubbers I was ever aware of.

I realize that growing up in northern AZ I was just not directly exposed to a lot of the other horrid Christian groups. But I was shocked many times by their behavior.

Small town power and especially money drove(drive) everything. I still have enough contacts including family to be very aware it's not changed. From the 1978 prophet revelation that women are people too (albeit with a different 'calling' ), to banning caffeine while owning Pepsi, and so on down the line. They had(have) a self-perpetuating we-want-to-own-it-all culture that is incredibly disgusting.

Update -- Sorry. I think I misspoke. I think the 1978 prophet revelation was dark skinned folks are people too rather than women. They don't treat either group very well.

@RichCC you are so right! No caffeine until the church bought PepsiCo. I lived in Salt Lake City and saw the hypocrisy. There are Mormons (mor-money) and then there are the jack-Mormons. They love you until they figure they can’t convert you then they hate you. I think they accepted black people when Carl Malone (basketball) married one of their white girls. No you might be right about 1978 and women. People of color was somewhere in the 80’s.

Have they picked out their planets yet? To join heavenly mother and father? ? rolling

What I don’t get is why the ‘continuing revelation of god’ seems to be persistently several steps behind the continuing revelation of common sense. And this is the guy responsible for Perfect Design or whatever the correct terminology is.

In my brain on the first read through "LSD Church dumps..." wait a minute why would a church based on a psyotropic drug have issues with LGBTQ+ community.... oh its the "LDS Church" makes more sense now... sigh.

They misread the tea leaves, evidently.

I think its too little, too late!

No they’ll ride this out just like they did with people of color...who were considered Satan’s children by the LDS and shunned. All about the money.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:324811
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.