Agnostic.com

6 9

Republicans have put the US on a path of warp-speed decline - and they want you to think it's worth cheering for

"Listening to Republicans, it's apparent they don't have much respect for the intelligence of the American people.

"Over 70 percent of Americans want a national health care system like every other developed country in the world has, but the GOP tells us that we just aren't smart enough to make it work. It'll be too confusing and complex for average Americans, they say, and, besides that, if the government "takes over" our health care system, we're on our way to tyranny.

"About two-thirds of Americans think that we should have free college education for anybody intellectually capable of attending, and free trade schools as well-like pretty much every other developed country in the world (and quite a few of the developing countries).

"Republicans tell us that we can't use government funds to pay off our nation's $1.5 trillion in student debt because we just borrowed that exact amount last year to give tax rebates to billionaires, so there's nothing left. We're just not smart enough to fix the problem."

• Thom Hartmann
LiterateHiker 9 Apr 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Love Thom Hartmann. But Republicans don't want to be impeded from their agenda with the facts.

i don't envy young ppl growing up with the incredible national debt that will have to be reconciled eventually. it won't be pretty. it's too late for anything but a catastrophic great reckoning.
and i have grandchildren to worry about.

me too. If they even have a loveable planet through their lifetime.
haha, I meant livable

Republicanism might best be described as America’s (the US) newest Religion. Facts are discarded. Previous doctrine is dumped. Deviant leadership is ignored. Education and Science is disrespected. Aggression is encouraged, and all unite around a common enemy - anyone not wearing their hat..

Varn Level 8 Apr 5, 2019

I am so done with this clusterfuck of an administration

More like a gang bang of of America, rape and pillage what little progress was made after or initial rape and pillage when we got here.

Elections will come!...

Republicans have lost all sense of honor, moralityk, and patriotism.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:325257
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.