Agnostic.com

3 0

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

what a bunch of nonsense. to think these assholes get paid big money to come up with this shit.
it couldn't be simpler. offspring with good genes succeed. there are winners & losers in the gene pool.

Ok, so you don't understand evolution along with climate science. I should be suprised, but somehow I'm not.

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

This guy has some super interesting writings about evolution working on groups/gene pools vs on individuals. Fascinating stuff, but the author himself was obviously a racist who was using his curiosity about why different cultures are the way they are, to fuel his belief system. Hopefully there will be more thoughts on his work, but without the hatred and moral shitshow.

Lots of his stuff is available online full text if you're interested.

This sounds like a discussion that we had following the 50's and 60's. Greater economic opportunity for segments of society (predominantly white America), brought about a trend of young couples and young prefessionals to delay having children until later in their lives. Newly found income had couples opting to become more selfish, pursuing personal interests before having children. I'm not sure if there is an evolutionary connection, but the circumstances sound similar in some ways.

In some ways similar. This study really couldn't determine if it was a voluntary wait or not.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:325633
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.